August 2019 - March 2020
Over the 8-month duration, the participants are immersed in community issues and challenges that we position ourselves to directly address in the areas of Reinventing Community, Telling our Story, Serving our Community, Building for Jobs, Workforce Connectivity and Small Business and Entrepreneurship. The program challenges each participant not only to be an effective and influential leader within their own organization, but to lead within our greater community through personal commitment and involvement.
Diversity Statement: Leadership Catawba is committed to identifying and nurturing leaders who reflect the diversity represented in our businesses and in the greater community. We recognize the positive relationship between diversity and a thriving economy and therefore are intentional in our efforts to recruit, grow, and support leaders from diverse ethnic, racial, gender, socioeconomic, and professional backgrounds. We strive for inclusiveness in our programming, class participation, advisory board leadership, and community partnerships and actively seek to include individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. We encourage business leaders to consider all aspects of diversity when recommending individuals for participation in Leadership Catawba.
Leadership Catawba Quick Facts:
• Leadership Catawba pulls together people of diverse backgrounds and experiences who have demonstrated leadership potential throughout our community.
• The program kicks off in August with a half-day orientation and a full-day team building retreat.
• Each participant graduates with approximately 16 hours of situational leadership training from a diverse array of community leaders and contracted consultants.
• Leadership Catawba participants receive a full PXT Select Leadership Report and full post analysis. (Value $250)
• Participants are challenged to organize and execute a group project that directly addresses a critical issue our county is facing aimed at making a sustainable impact.
• The program concludes with a special Graduation Luncheon where each participant will receive a certificate.
Applications have closed for the 2019-20 Leadership Catawba cohort. Should you be interested in information for the 2020-21 program, please contact Kim Dahlsten, Vice President of Operations. Enrollment for 2020-21 Leadership Catawba will open in June 2020.
Leadership Catawba Sponsored By:
The Leader in Me is FranklinCovey’s whole school transformation process. It teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to elementary students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader.
Six public elementary schools implemented The Leader in Me program for the 2016/2017 school year:
Blackburn Elementary School, Tuttle Elementary School, Lyle Creek Elementary School, South Newton Elementary School, St. Stephens Elementary School, and Oxford Elementary School.
HYP, a seperate membership organization formed through the chamber in 2008, provides young professionals in the Greater Hickory Metro area the opportunity to network with one another and engage in professional development activities to help them excel professionally, socially and economically.
An organization for young professionals in the Greater Hickory Metro area ages 21 to 40 who are interested in project development, business and social networking, and civic engagement activities.